Blazers were originally designed as men’s wear but over the years the blazer has become a staple in many of our wardrobes.
Aside from the style element, a blazer can also serve as a functional outer-layer to wear in the fall or early spring and this is the perfect time to experiment with the many different ways to wear a blazer.
Due to its inherent versatility, one can pair virtually anything with a beautifully cut blazer, which is why this is a great item to incorporate in a capsule wardrobe for any season. Layer it over pants and a top, drape it over a dress, match it with a skirt or jazz it up with the right accessories… the possibilities are truly endless! Have you ever wondered how to style a blazer? Here are some effortless ways to consider wearing a blazer.
1. One of the simplest ways to style a casual blazer is by wearing it over your favourite denim pants. Add dressier footwear or a clutch bag into the mix, and this outfit is transformed into the perfect ensemble to wear out to a dinner with friends.
2. Layering a blazer over a dress is not just about keeping the colder air at bay. Blending the feminine elegance of a dress with the clean-cut blazer looks awesome. Our favourite blazer is an oversized blazer or slightly longer blazer that allows you more versatility. An oversized blazer looks a little less formal, making it work perfectly for casual-chic style.
3. Pair with a long skirt and a simple plain or graphic tee-shirt.
4. While the weather is still warm try a pair of shorts with a blazer. Linen, cotton or denim shorts look great when paired with sandals.
5. If your blazer is a little oversized you can wear a sweater or hoodie underneath. This looks super cute when styled with a pair of loafers or sneakers.
6. Dress in a coordinating pant and blazer, add a statement shoe and you are polished, and looking stylish.
7. If you don’t have a blazer or don’t feel it’s your style why not try a shorter or longer length cardigan since it’s also a very versatile.
8. Pair with a faux leather pair on pants and stripped tee.. Don’t forget a belt to finish this polished look.
Have fun and don’t be afraid to style your blazer with edgier garments and accessories.
We are so happy to see the blazer is back and looking fabulous! Drop by the store soon. We have a selection of colour, and patterned blazers so you can find what suits you and your lifestyle.